IPFCC provides on-site consultation, training, and technical assistance to hospitals, health systems, and other organizations and agencies for all phases of implementing a patient- and family-centered approach to care, from the very early steps to the most advanced.
The Institute works with hospitals and other health care organizations in a variety of ways:
- Assists hospitals in the preliminary exploration of what patient- and family-centered care is and what it can mean to an organization.
- Facilitates the process or provides guidance for launching collaborative endeavors with patients and families.
- Provides customized training for staff at all levels of an organization and for patients and families on patient- and family-centered care and effective collaboration.
- Conducts assessments on where a hospital is along the continuum of implementing patient- and family-centered care, makes recommendations for improvement, and assists in further processes of change and improvement.
- Assists with facility design planning to ensure that renovation and new construction projects support the practice of patient- and family-centered care and incorporate current innovations and best practices in design.
Since 1992, IPFCC has worked with hundreds of hospitals, health systems, provincial, state, and federal agencies, and other health care organizations to advance the practice of patient- and family-centered care. A sampling of these include Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, University of Washington Medical Center, Iowa Health System, the Greater Toronto Child Health Network, Calgary Children's Hospital, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery for the Department of Defense, British Columbia Ministry of Health, MCGHealth (now Georgia Regents Health), Institute for Healthcare Improvement, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the Hulda B. & Maurice L. Rothschild Foundation.
For more information on consulting and technical assistance, or to request a quote, please Contact Us