What is patient- and family-centered care?
PFCC and COVID-19
In the midst of this challenging time, IPFCC is committed to ensuring that the core concepts of patient- and family-centered care are informing changes to policies and practices in ways that promote safety, prevent disease transmission, and support essential family connections. Two new resources have been added to this special section of our website.
Patients and families bring unique expertise to a multitude of initiatives in health care, including the education of professionals, students, and trainees. Yet the understanding of patient and family faculty programs is limited. Vizient and IPFCC conducted a survey of 67 health care organizations to explore the prevalence and functioning of patients and families as educators in hospitals and academic medical centers. This report shares results of the survey and highlights best practices and opportunities for improvement.
This IPFCC report describes PFACs’ performance and impact on hospital strategy and operations as well as the correlation with experience of care and safety outcomes. IPFCC’s consulting and training services can help strengthen your PFAC.
Become a Pinwheel Sponsor
Interested in becoming a 2021 Pinwheel Sponsor? Your organization will gain national and international visibility of your commitment to patient- and family-centered care, in addition to the following benefits:
- Your organization’s logo featured on IPFCC’s website with a link back to your website
- Commemorative Pinwheel Sponsor plaque to display at your organization
- IPFCC’s ‘Emblem of Commitment’ to post on your website to recognize your organization’s commitment to patient- and family-centered care
- National and international recognition for supporting the work of IPFCC
- Discount on IPFCC resources and educational programs
- Set of core IPFCC publications as a new Pinwheel Sponsor