What is patient- and family-centered care?
PFCC and COVID-19
In the midst of this challenging time, IPFCC is committed to ensuring that the core concepts of patient- and family-centered care are informing changes to policies and practices in ways that promote safety, prevent disease transmission, and support essential family connections. A special section of our website provides inspirational examples from the field and practical resources. Learn more
Sick, Scared & Separated From Loved Ones 2019
The New York Public Interest Research Group recently released this report, based on a survey of visitation/family presence policies at NYS hospitals. IPFCC provided coaching and other resources to some of the hospitals surveyed through its Better Together Learning Community.
High Performing PFACs Can Impact Health Outcomes
This IPFCC report describes PFACs’ performance and impact on hospital strategy and operations as well as the correlation with experience of care and safety outcomes. IPFCC’s consulting and training services can help strengthen your PFAC.
IPFCC’s campaign, Better Together: Partnering with Families, equips hospital leaders and staff with the rationale, tools, and support needed to change the concept of families as visitors to families as partners.
New Pinwheel Sponsor
Cedars-Sinai is proud to become a Pinwheel Sponsor. Integrating the perspectives of patients and families is essential to care at the medical center. Patients and families share their insights through PFA Councils, PFA Committees and PFA Collaboratives.
Become a Pinwheel Sponsor
Interested in becoming a 2021 Pinwheel Sponsor? Your organization will gain national and international visibility of your commitment to patient- and family-centered care, in addition to the following benefits:
- Your organization’s logo featured on IPFCC’s website with a link back to your website
- Commemorative Pinwheel Sponsor plaque to display at your organization
- IPFCC’s ‘Emblem of Commitment’ to post on your website to recognize your organization’s commitment to patient- and family-centered care
- National and international recognition for supporting the work of IPFCC
- Discount on IPFCC resources and educational programs
- Set of core IPFCC publications as a new Pinwheel Sponsor