IPFCC Partnership Award
Last year, IPFCC initiated its 2017 Partnership Award, a program recognizing innovative partnerships among patients, families and health care professionals. For 25 years, the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC) has provided leadership to advance the practice of patient- and family-centered care and ensure that partnerships are at the heart of the health care system. The award recognizes teams of health care professionals and patients/families who, through their collaboration, truly are changing health care.
Because of the very positive response to the 2017 program, IPFCC is now announcing the nomination process for the 2018 Partnership Award.
The 2018 award recipient team and the second place team will be honored at IPFCC’s 8th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care, June 11-13, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Note: Although the awards will be presented to the leaders of the teams (one health care professional and one patient/family advisor), the teams’ organizations are encouraged to attend the Conference and participate in the recognition.
The IPFCC Partnership Award recipient team also receives the following additional benefits:
- An invitation to present a session at IPFCC’s 9th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care in 2020
- Recognition of the team and its organization in IPFCC’s e-newsletter, an announcement on the IPFCC website, and in social media
- Two registrations to IPFCC’s 8th International Conference at the presenter rate
- A team led by a health care professional and a patient/family advisor who designed and implemented an innovative program to improve care for patients and/or their families.
- The program may relate to any setting across the continuum of care.
- Some evidence or initial outcomes must be outlined in the nomination statement although the program does not yet have to be completed by time of nomination.
A complete nomination must include:
- A nominee’s statement about the team, its collaborative process, and its innovative work (limited to 500 words)
- Two additional letters of support
All nominations must have been received by April 5 to be considered.
All nominees will be contacted by May 1 with notice of their nomination status.