Moving Forward with Patient-
and Family-Centered Care
Partnerships for Quality & Safety
An Intensive Training Seminar
Authentic partnerships with patients and families are essential as hospitals, health systems, primary care practices, and community organizations seek to achieve the Triple Aim and improve the patient experience, the health of populations, and the cost of care.
Since 1995, the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care has offered internationally acclaimed, in-depth seminars to advance the understanding and practice of patient- and family-centered care, modeling effective partnerships in teaching and in the learning experience for seminar attendees.
What Makes The IPFCC Seminar So Unique?
- Faculty team of more than 20 experts in patient- and family-centered care—administrative leaders, nurses, physicians, staff, and patient and family leaders.
- Faculty review of pre-seminar personal learning goals.
- Three days of intensive training including over 50 sessions so you can tailor the program to meet your specific needs and interests.
- Faculty-led, small group discussion time each day and assistance in creating an effective Action Plan for change individualized for your organization.
- Flash drive containing over 200 practical tools—a comprehensive collection of resources for use in strategic planning; presentations, orientation, other educational sessions; and evaluation.
Why Attend This Seminar?
Learn from nationally recognized leaders in patient- and family-centered care and develop knowledge, skills, and practical strategies for enhancing and sustaining partnerships with patients and families to improve the experience of care and enhance quality and safety.
Who Should Attend?
We urge health systems, hospitals, ambulatory and primary care practices, and community organizations to send an interdisciplinary team of participants that includes:
- Health Care Administrative Leaders and Board Members
- Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists, Pharmacists, Child Life Specialists, Chaplains, Security, and Other Staff
- Patient and Family Advisors and Leaders
- Quality, Safety, Human Resources and Patient Experience Personnel
- Support and Ancillary Staff
- Faculty and Students in Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, and Allied Health
Our expert faculty includes health care executives, clinicians, staff, and patient and family leaders.
Continuing Education Units
CEUs will be available for Nurses, Physicians, Social Workers, and Long Term Care Administrators.
Access past IPFCC seminar materials and guidance resources. Learn More...