IPFCC is proud to announce The 7th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care—Partnerships in Care, Interprofessional Education, and Research. The conference will showcase innovative programs and approaches dedicated to collaboration among health care professionals, patients, residents in long-term care communities, and families and other care partners. We invite you to submit an abstract.
Call for Abstracts: June 10 -
July 31, 2015 Deadline extended to August 7, 2015!
Call for Abstracts
- Leadership Matters
- Patient and Family Advisors—Essential Allies
- Creating Capacity for Partnerships in Research and Evaluation
- Education for Interprofessional and Collaborative Practice
- Addressing Health Disparities
- Better Together—Changing the Concept of Families as "Visitors"
- Transformative Partnerships in Primary Care
Who Should Submit
Do you work in partnership with patients and families to improve and redesign health care? Does your work advance the practice of patient- and family-centered care? Share your expertise and accomplishments at The 7th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
The following are invited to share their experiences and accomplishments in advancing the practice of patient- and family-centered care:
- Patient and Family Advisors and Leaders
- Administrative Leaders and Board Members
- Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Therapists, Pharmacists, Child Life Specialists, Chaplains, Security, and Other Staff
- Leaders for Safety and Quality Improvement
- Human Resources Personnel
- Patient Experience, Patient Relations, and Guest Services Personnel
- Faculty and Students in Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, and Allied Health
- Researchers and Evaluators
- Architects, Interior Designers, and Facility Design Personnel
- Policy Makers, Government Agency Leaders, and Funders
Priority consideration will be given to abstracts that include patient and family advisors/leaders as presenters.
Types of Presentations
We strongly encourage creative and innovative ways of presenting material.
Presentation: Presentations will be allotted 30-60 minutes with time for questions and answers.
Poster: Posters are 4'x 8' visual displays of innovation. A poster representative must be present at specified times on opening day of the poster session to respond to questions.
In some cases, presentations discussing similar programs or initiatives may be combined. Presenters will be informed of this upon acceptance of abstract.
Procedures and Timelines
- All abstracts must be received by IPFCC by
July 31, 2015. Deadline extended to August 7, 2015!
- All submissions are reviewed by the Abstract Review Committee.
- Abstracts promoting commercial products or services will not be accepted. Product vendors and others who wish to promote a product or service are invited to contact IPFCC for the Sponsorship and Exhibitor Prospectus.
- Complete instructions for presenters will be provided upon notification of the acceptance of an abstract.
To Begin a Submission
You will need to create an account to begin the submission process. Please be sure to carefully read the Abstract Guidelines before beginning your submission.